Sunday, August 21, 2011

Feeling a rant

Today I am feeling a rant…hold on here we go…




Lets start with TV…2 and a half men had jumped the shark before Charlie Sheen left the show…turns out, he was really not funny sober…who knew… and the kid grew up …I am not an Aston Kutcher fan…the fact the show is still on is just an FU to Charlie…so NO, I will not watch the new show and honestly do not want to speak of it anymore…it speaks to how stupid Hollywood thinks we are...

In massage this week, I had to choke down a tough one…one of my clients was working 3 jobs to make ends meet…he was driving home late one night, got in a wreck and is now paralyzed from the waist down…one of my cancer patients has died 18 days after being told…I had yet another client go through foreclosure (he will be moving out of state)…one of my snowbirds had to take back a piece of property, when this 60 something man got there it was trashed…deep breath and take minds off some of these horrors (even if it is only for a few minutes)…the massage was like a sad ballet and went over from 5-10 minutes…the new Eddy Vedder album maybe all ukulele, but it has been awesome to work to…


In class this week, I took my final and post test…Professor Fogerty’s class on ‘Nutrition and Aging’ was very cool…I ended with a high B…I am ashamed at our current government for the way our elderly are being treated…they are not pawns nor should they be treated with such disrespect…the people who are on the job are pretty fantastic, really sad there are just so few…

American Boudica/The British Connection…Chris has been most helpful with the Sunshine Paddle…Dale and Dave too have been helping with the Paddle…with book 3 in the can and book 4 almost complete…the draft of 5 to the side, My focus has been on the Paddle…it has given Chris time to work on his painting…Dave and Rose are soon to chat about card/animal creative paper thing;)…both are so creative, I am dying to see what they come up with…


The Circle is celebrating Trish’s Bday…she has requested a naked bon fire and we know, I love to acquiesce that request…I have wood since Mabon is coming so, bon fire at my house…tr la la la…lol…Happy Bday Trish;)

The gardens are growing out of control…with so much steady rain and heat…it is so neat to check out how many colors are in bloom…the hibiscus I planted on Shinara has been blooming with a beautiful purpley flower…

This is a special time of year…Aloe Water is the best…the health benefits are too many for me to list (mostly digestive and skin)…should be consumed once a week…I am not a doctor, but do use this myself…squish aloe out of leaf by pinching on leaf slightly and sliding down leaf

Aloe Water

8oz water

2oz Aloe

Mix – can be done hot, cold or warm…can be refrigerated up to 6 hours

I personally add the aloe to hot water and stir it until it dissolves into the water…place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes…I use rose hip ice cubes and pour the aloe water over it…yummy and good for me



Okay let’s talk about the Paddle…I am not crazy and of you think I am, please call Trish at Sunrise and make a pledge…the website is open, Chris is doing some final editing…Monique and Marion have been great help editing and beta testing pages…Walter has got us brand new 2 way radio and digital compass for the trip and Dave went yard sale shopping with his son, they found a pair of Binoculars…Marion has been researching safety equipment and classes that I will need…Walter has had me swimming against the rip current and work safety drills off Honeymoon Island…Dale and Chris have been helping make and keep lists…Cooper has been helping me with postage and running errands…I have also been getting youtube vids on great white sharks swimming the eastern seaboard in the e-mail…my brother compared me to Forest Gump…my daughter said ‘We have insurance on you, go do what you want’…can you feel the love…that said…the menu is going well and weight loss is continuing…though I do find myself stretching a lot more and instead of just thinking about food- I really think about what I want to eat, what the food will do for me and how I want to eat it…


I found out that I had a ‘nodule’ in my breast…they are words that every woman dreads hearing…they feel it is benign, but wish to run tests to be sure…I have no fear, I am a woman of faith…everything happens for a reason…I will keep you posted



Much Love and Many Blessings,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment