Friday, September 17, 2010

Meltdown on the little red planet...

Merry Meet,


How are you? I am doing much better now…on my trip back from the little red planet…I managed to calm down. This has really been a hard month. Put your feet up, get comfortable and let’s talk…



Massage has gone well. I love my job. Breaking the body down is fun. My clients get into some of the most interesting conversations with me…the conversations go every where (history, money, medicine, politics, art, death, life, computers, etc)…after the massage is over, I really feel much better about life. I have the best clients and they make me a great therapist.



School…well, I had a major meltdown this week…I had to bust my butt the week before to catch up and was quite proud of getting the work done…I have learned quite a few new tricks in Microsoft office…then we started learning about Excel…by Tuesday Walt was asking if I wanted a wig since I had ripped out my hair…lol…on top of this we had a ‘Team Project’…it was well announced, but I had somehow missed it…I felt quite stupid…I was also upset that no one had contacted me from my team until the last minute…the teacher in this class has been great… if I have not said it today, I love my school…the other students who saw my meltdown called or e-mailed and tutored me…once I calmed down it all became clear and I was able to handle it.



England has been having some sporadic weather keeping Chris and Rose in the house…Chris and Rose have the Chapter 2 video all planned are just waiting for a break in the weather to roll film…I have been updating the computer with all of my new programs for publishing…Don is off on his other job at the moment….we all hope to be on point again next week



This month had me at wits end…first, I got sick…lightening blew up many appliances on the property…the mouse wars, the mice lost…though my house stunk…you would think that would be enough…last night a breaker popped…no storm, only my computer and a few lights on…hmmm…why would the breaker pop…my air condition unit went down…this is Florida and we still have 95f heat…I was so burnt out from drama all I could do is laugh…poor Walt thought I had really lost it…all I could picture was having to buy a new unit and where was the money going to come from…I called Dolphin Air, they are from Wesley Chapel…they are quick, clean and do not try to rip you off…the mice had chewed through a wire…the guys had it fixed in about 20 minutes…Walt may have won the war, but the mice got the last laugh



I love my age…I am soon to turn 45…I think it is so cool…a number of people (myself included) have worked quite hard for me to get here…it was not easy for any of us…I have always been blessed with wonderful friends and family…up until the last 2 left home, I was always the hard ass…I had to be…now, I get to be me…relax…enjoy life…I have always worked for the family…Now, I feel blessed because I am young enough to do the things I have always wanted…best of all…I can still rock the bikini and I am older enough not to care about the stretch marks…lol…they are my battle scars…I won…I am still here



My twins will turn 21 tomorrow…that is rocking my world a little…it seems like they were just little girls yesterday…today, they are beautiful, educated, loving young women…neither one is pregnant…I must have done something right…lol…they were the last 2 at home of the 38 I raised…OMG, it’s the end of an era of children…I was 17 when they started…28 years of dedication…I wish for my girls a wonderful day…I hope the night is exciting…Tristan is out of State and Dansir is in Orlando…So I will not get to see them…I am making a big chicken dinner with cake and ice cream to celebrate for them…I will make them a video in hopes to make them both feel at home…I miss them



The garden is changing for fall…Cooper’s roses have started to bloom in a vibrant red…Cosmo’s Rose has turned a pale pink…the bird house crumbled when lightening hit it…I will keep my eyes open for another one…the day before my birthday I will be weeding and feeding…I will share pics



The animals are well…the sugar gliders have been happy to play with me…the dogs have been going through dry skin…I crush banana leafs and apply to affected areas…when I was up north I used Vaseline…I also use mayonnaise…when in the bath, after we shampoo, I used conditioner on them…the cat is acting like wonder slut…I try to brush him once a day while he is shedding…Walter’s work uniforms are Pepsi blue and we have a shedding white cat…instead of getting upset…I lay out the clothes and wrap them in a towel and Walt can only put them on when he is ready to walk out the door…lol…yes, as a matter of fact our animals do own us….



In the Circle of Boudica we have been busy…the preparations for my induction ceremony are almost complete…the pieces of wood have been coming in from all over the world…I am so excited…this is sure to be a magical evening…since the Feast of Ingiving is on the same night…there is much cooking to be done…


Cold & Flu Tea

This is the time of the year that many of us are being bothered with a cold or the flu.

Use equal parts (use a tea ball)-

Peppermint

Elder flowers

Yarrow

This tea increases perspiration so you sweat out the fever. I drink 1/2 of a cup every 1/2 hour until I start to sweat. Then I drink 1/2 cup every one to two hours. I usually don't stay sick too long using this tea.



As usual, sleep is something for the dead…I am thankful for the ability to keep up…I feel richer than Martha and Oprah combined…they only have money…there is no dollar amount worth what I have…I have true friends and a very loving family…they have seen me through thick and thin and I them…I work for and with a great group of people…privileged am I to be getting a great education…I feel beyond blessed that the fellowship in the Circle is growing and strong…My wish for you all is to be so blessed…please remember laughter is the best answer to the hardest situation



Blessed Be,

D

1 comment:

  1. congrats to all, the twins and you D. for being there for them and us
    Cheers.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete