Monday, September 6, 2010

The little critters took over

Merry Meet,


I am glad you came by…I have been hearing from everyone about not answering calls/e-mail for a week…let me explain…Wednesday afternoon the little critters in my stomach went ballistic and for 3 days I was on my knees…I did the best I could to keep up, but it was very difficult…the fever kept making my eyes water which made trying to see the computer a bitch…I kept washing the house in bleach trying to keep Walter from getting sick too…

In massage the first part of last week was quite busy…the clients have kept me hopping in nutrition…I am doing research with each client to personalize their treatment…I expect this week to be busy…glad I had a long weekend to get healthy…

School has been difficult…the teacher has been great…the class is not hard…I was just having a hard time being on the computer too long last week…I started playing catch up today…I got a whole lot done, but still have quite a bit more to do…

I was too excited…my friend Don is joining Chris and I at American Boudica Publishing…he will be helping Chris get the website up and ready…Chris was kind enough to record chapter 1 of ‘Family, Friends and Funerals’…I think he did a great job


The animals are feeling full of themselves…the pong fish have been jumping every time I go out to feed them…the dogs have been ultra playful as of late…Ramses has been wrestling with Shinara or Chewy…the gliders are very happy and playful…Walter will soon be sealing up my office so I can bring them out of the cage to play…how cool is that


As the season starts to change, so has the garden…for Dad’s Christmas present we are getting him a bee hive…he is very excited…we will have beautiful flowers and veggies…fresh honey and wax for candles…the crape myrtles have taken to their new homes very well…I will be making compost tea in about 2 weeks…call and let me know if you need some…

In the Circle of Boudica…we look to the upcoming harvest…I have a great ‘Feast of Ingathering’ recipe and it is also a good herbal remedy…the honey helps boost the immune system and has an almost homeopathic effect to aide with change of season allergies…

Sea Turtle Wisdom Bread

Ingredients:

• 2 tsp. active dry yeast

• 1 cup warm water

• 2 tsp. honey (should be local)

• 3/4 tsp. sea salt

• 2 tsp. olive oil

• 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour

• Raisins

• 1 egg

• Water

• Green food coloring (optional)



Method:

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Whisk in honey, sea salt, and oil. Slowly fold in flour, as it becomes harder to stir, turn the dough onto a lightly floured countertop and dust the dough with flour. Knead the dough by folding it in half and pressing it with the palm of your hand until it springs back when you poke it lightly with a finger. Form into ball and place in lightly greased bowl. Dust dough with flour and cover it with a clean cloth towel. Let it rise for 30 minutes.

After the dough has risen once, punch it down and form balls for the shell (6in. diameter), head (3in.), and legs (2in.), and assemble on a greased cookie sheet. Etch a crisscross pattern on top of shell with a knife. Use 2 raisins for eyes. Let rise for 30 more minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbs. water and couple drops green food coloring) and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 turtles


Well I am glad we had a moment to visit…I will be back later in the week…I hope all of you are well…may you all be blessed with good health

Blessed Be,

D

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to hear you're on the mend D.

    I think bee hives are amazing, great idea. In my part of the world it’s traditional to talk to the hive, to tell it our innermost thoughts.

    More chapters of the 'The Chronicles of an American Boudica, Friends Family and Funerals' to come. read in front of historic English scenery.
    Watch this space.

    Love to the Boudica Circle

    Chris

    ReplyDelete