Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sermon from the Purple Planet

Good afternoon my children…let me welcome you to the purple planet…it is my great good fortune that you have come to share today with me…I have been asked many questions and I thought it would be a good time to talk…


I know money is beyond tight…I have been asked how I can stay so positive…I have had a hard life and even when I made good money, I raised so many children…I was always broke…children’s hospital bills and such have always held my credit down…so what is happening now is nothing I am not used to already…my heart goes out to those who have lost everything…they are not used to being poor…this is a new world to them…not one that is being handled well…IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER…many hear those words, but do not understand them…they were not ready for the current situation to last this long…when it does come to an end…where do you want to be…I want to be better educated…I want to open a new health and care office…I would like to see my books at a selling point…to accomplish this I must stay focused…I do not have time for the energy that would be used by negative vibes…at times I hurt…I see many of my family and friends lose jobs, businesses, homes…I then stop and think about life…my own personal life has crashed in a major way about 12 times…each time I was left with nothing, but my family and friends and had to rebuild from the ground up…every time this happened, I became stronger…instead of wallowing in self pity, I picked myself up, dusted myself off and tried to make better choices…let me be clear…this was NEVER an easy process…I was never so stupid as to give away my family…during these times, I actually did what one person called ‘circling the wagons’…I pulled everyone closer…I made it into a time of unity and team work…this way I was never alone, they never had to worry and everyone was on the same page…do not be afraid of looking or sounding stupid…talk to those you love, be honest and have no fear…a loved one beats taking a psychotropic meds…they may not always say what you want to hear, but that is what being and having real friends is all about…I am blessed…I have many friends and a wonderful family…I am working on my degree (just made Dean’s list for the second time)…by moving my business home, I still have one…though it is slow…it is still going and growing…how great are my clients…I now have a publishing company and 2 books on the market…The Circle of Boudica assemblage has been a congregation of wonderful people…though I am not making much money, I am building a solid foundation for the future…It is a lot to be positive about…

I have been asked about how Walter and I resolve money issues…all money made goes into one account…on the wall hangs a calendar…EVERY bill or paycheck is on it…it is color coded…this way we can both see what is paid, what needs paid or how much money was made…he has taught me that marriage means equal partnership and responsibility…I made the calendar and keep it up to date…he never asked this of me…why would I do it…fair question…it used to upset me in prior relationships, that I would turn over all the money I made and never knew where it went…as long as the bills were paid I never really cared, it was just the point…I never wanted him to feel that way…though I basically handle the money, he has a say and knows what is going on…it does not matter who makes more when it all goes to the same place…it has never been his or mine…it is all ours…a different concept than most have…it works for us though

Children are really amazing creatures….it does not take much to make them happy…for those who can not give what they once gave their children…please stop beating yourself up and make better choices…money is tight…your child may have to go to public school…it will make a better adjustment if you do it before you put the home in jeopardy…I was told of some people not wanting their children to go to the local school because the school was crap…this may be true, but I ask, what are you willing to do to change it…I worked 2-3 jobs…the most important thing is to make sure my children are well educated…I brought in extra supplies…I would barter and beg to get anything the teacher might need in the class room…I checked homework…if the child was not holding up their side, I would raise hell…if it was the teacher, I would speak to them…I was never a jerk…probably because mom was a teacher for 35 years…if that did not get me anywhere, I would go to the principal…I only had to go to a superintendant once…because I would take time to go drop stuff off…the teacher felt support and the child was in a good environment to learn…I did get ticked off at a school once…while living in Clearwater, I did home school my twins…when I moved into Tampa, the twins knowledge was far ahead of children of the same age and they had to be put into gifted class…they may want $100 sneakers, but will be happy with kicks from Kmart…shopping at the thrift store does not make you a bad parent…for those who are sports junkies…my friends tell me now you can watch craigslist.org…if the stuff does not get mutilated, people post it…my friend in Maine thought her son was going to have to drop out of pee wee hockey because he had out grown the equipment and she could not afford new…she found a complete set up for him…best part was she got it free…mostly what they want is time with you…a card game (free) means as much as a trip to the movies ($50)…bowling ($25) beats the amusement park ($150)…if you are less stressed by the money you spend, then your company is more enjoyable



I think in about 3 years we will be okay…you see those in Washington are doing us no good and we all know it…when we have the ability to get rid of the current regime, I believe the American people will be better off…in the end…I think, WE, the American People need to grab our bootstraps and pull ourselves out of this…stop screaming at each other and take time to help each other…the next Thomas Edison walks among us now…I do not know who he or she is yet, but under pressure such as this real genius is born…how would I make changes…the healthcare bill needs to be fixed in favor of the patient…the FCC would have a TV moral code to enforce…that would include all cable TV…stop pushing drugs off all kinds on TV…Sunday blue laws should go back into effect…this would benefit both the worker, the worker’s family and the business…if you are on unemployment for more than 60 days you need to volunteer for a state or local agency…this benefits the worker and the state…no…I don’t have all the answers…just some really good ideas…yes, as a matter of fact, I have brought several up to state and local government…I was born Bostonian…Politics is in my blood…the Floridian in me states I should not find blame, only ways to fix the problem



My medical advice for today…if you want the most natural form of medicine…look for practitioners who believe in ‘Integrative Medicine’…these are people who have education in conventional and alternative medicine… why take pills if you can do something natural…why do something natural if you need a pill…Integrative Medicine can draw from both…this way the patient gets the most complete service…

May you be blessed to look inside and like the person you find…if you do not, work on the changes in your life to make it happen



Blessed Be,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment