Monday, July 5, 2010

A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood






Welcome to my new blog home. It is raining here in The Chapel this afternoon. Many are complaining, not me...the heat of summer abates, it washes everything clean and I don't have to water the garden. Grab you a drink, sit down and let us chat about all that is going on...


Massage has been going well. The clients are doing well this summer. With so much time out of doors the aqua therapy has been working. I (and the clients who are doing it with me) am finding much more flexibility and my tone has really improved. I am still working my menu...I am now down 25 lbs, the clients have lost a combined total of 102lbs and we are all feeling great.


As a student, I am privileged...I have wonderful doctors and nurses to help me...I have clients who are willing to be test subjects...It helps that I am going to a great school. I feel very spoiled. At present, I am in herbology and botany. I really feel like the class expands the mind on how it all works. Week 1 was packed with work, herb table, herb paper and a quiz. I am now in week 2 and we need an herb recipe. Anyone got any ideas?


Chris and Rose are on vacation in The Isle of Man. We got the upload date from the printer and book 2 should be on the shelf by 8/15/10...YEA!!!! Many surprises come up in Boudica's life and now we will see them all play out.


I have been trying to work out all the ins and outs of government bidding. Right now the bonds are so high, I do not get how they think a small business can reach them. If anyone has bonding details they want to share, I am listening...


Mom has been in North Carolina visiting Tris. Dad is in Massachusetts visiting Tory. Dansir is getting ready to leave to New Hampshire helping a friend move. OMG...the property is quiet. The car and truck both broke down this week, but Harold saved the day. The 4th was quiet for us with everyone gone. Walter and I mowed the lawn, played Wii and enjoyed food. Dansir came by for dinner and we watched TV. When Dansir left we went to sleep, about 9p.m...About 3a.m. we woke up...Walter said "Want to put off those fireworks?", needless to say we were on the lawn at 3 in the morning putting off fireworks in our jammies...quite funny. He has been working all day putting my new office together. It is going to be so cool. I am quite excited.


The animals are doing well. I am looking for a home for 2 of the sugar gliders. It is time. Shinara is going through a phase where she thinks she is a little dog. She keeps trying to jump in my lap like Chewy Bitems. Walt bought the pond fish a new air pump. It was cool to see them flutter around the pond.


The garden is growing by leaps and bounds. I am getting ready to do a hard cut back. With dad being up north the weeds are growing faster than what I can pull them. When Happy gave me the crate myrtle, I made 10 clones from off shoots at its base. I am proud to say 6 are doing well and are ready to up pot. Dad's Topsy Turvy thing is still bearing fruit. It and the hanging baskets are loving all the rain. I am just not sure what to do with all these tomatoes.


May you all be Blessed,

Dorraine Cooper-Rooney, LMT




No comments:

Post a Comment