Friday, July 15, 2011

The Sunshine Paddle

Merry Meet,



I fear in my last blog I may have dropped a bomb and I see you are back to talk to me…so lets talk


The trip is going to take me from Bulow Creek State Park in Ormond Beach, FL on May 15, 2012 to Old Orchid Beach, Maine…it will take between 30 and 60 days, depending on weather, as it will be done by kayak on the coast and thru the intercoastal water ways also…We have named this trip The Sunshine Paddle



My first goal is to raise money for Sunrise of Pasco Abused Women’s Shelter…donations directly to Sunrise will give you a tax break (P.O. Box 928, Dade City, Florida 33526/ Contact- Trish)…the money to help these people is needed…so many cuts in the state and federal have been made…women and children in danger could be left there and end up really hurt or dead…I was lucky, when I needed people to help me get away from the abuse, I was blessed with the ability to get the help I needed…the trip is approx 1450 miles…if everyone who thinks I am crazy pledges a penny a mile…My charity should do well;)…It will bring safety to families in need…



The side effect is education…due to the fact our business men (politicians) think they went to teaching college, our children are suffering for it…though my children are grown, I feel very strongly about education…I will take video, pictures and post blogs…with GPS, my progress will be able to be tracked…Chris and I are setting up the website with GoDaddy.com…I will also work with teachers from around the world as I can, so that they can set up class projects…since this trip will happen between May and July…I will take e-mail from now until March 29, 2012 then again 2 weeks after my return…I will work with any research facilities or colleges that may need samples, pictures and or video… we will have current eastern seaboard cartography


I have talked to people the whole way up and somebody has kayaked each part overlapping another…so why, is it crazy that one person does it all…I am working in training and diet at the moment…I need to build endurance and lose weight…When this started I weighed approx 200lbs and before I start the trip I will be down to 140lbs...I am blessed with 2 personal trainers, a good doctor (Dr. Casanas) and wonderful education in nutrition...I am not taking pills or getting shots...I am eating lots of veggies, eggs, fish, chicken and fruit...yes, I still have red meat (it is just really limited;/)...Uncle Ben's brown rice, Barilla protein pasta and veggie pasta if I have a starch...OMG...this is not food...its what food eats;)...as for supplements, I am a 45 yr old woman and take daily...1cc of sub-lingual B complex...1cc sub-lingual D complex...Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg...Acidophilus...COQ10 200mg...I also drink 8oz of fresh Pomegranate and Orange juice...this is a safe diet plan to lose weight...I am only allowed a light work out as I want to lose fat and not tone it...I will keep you posted...no I do not take a multi-V...with so many fruits and veggies it is not needed...I take fish oil 3 days a week...Vit. E only 1 day a week

This is also taking much planning, free hands are always welcome…we are currently looking for sponsors and are willing to accept gifts to help with the trip…I am willing to test products and write reviews for the company or the public...all hands on deck, please join the insanity

D. Cooper-Rooney, LMT

No comments:

Post a Comment