Sunday, May 12, 2019

Adjusting My Sails



Hail and Good Day to you,

So much has happened in such a short time…I am so happy you had time to come see me…I know we will not have a chance to sit down again until I get back…grab you some juice, sit down, and relax….


American Boudica has been restructured…The new name is American Boudica Creative Works…Chris brought this about…from writing and art to how to videos and building furniture…we continue to build the Girly Pirate, Sea Tribe and Neptune’s Grotto brands…we have been spanning a wide variety of creative ventures…we have also been helping other artists and businesses by consulting…so as usual, Chris was correct and it was time to grow…we continue to work in the global marketplace…I love this job and after doing it for over 10 years, I still wake up happy to go to work…


Teaching for First Future…while I was in college, I posted to a discussion that I would NEVER be a teacher…needing work badly, I took this job – mind you I had no plans on keeping it…now, I can not picture leaving it…someone said ‘so what, you teach English to kids in another country’…we end up teaching far more than English…I am blessed with such amazing students and coworkers make going to work fun…it has opened my eyes to not only how the world works but also how to work in the world

Now for my BIG news, I will be leaving soon for China…I have been hired by Keiser University to teach on their Shanghai campus…I feel very blessed…this is a wonderful opportunity and they will allow me to continue with first future – I had to jump on it…so for the last 6 weeks I have been preparing…teaching aids, clothes, art supplies all had to be purchased…before you hire an agent for passports/visas make sure they are highly rated – mine was not and it has cost me time and money…my visa should be released on Tuesday and I hope to be on the plane shortly after…I am excited…it is such an amazing place to go, there will be so much to see…it is my plan to use my blog to bring you on the adventure with me…tomorrow I will be going to Keiser’s Ft Lauderdale Campus for my final check out…and so the escapade is about to start


Though the office is open, there will be NO Sunshine Paddle this year…I had turned over the lead of the paddle to a young woman…shortly after she took over, she called to tell me it was more than she could handle…I have taken it back but, with the upcoming trip to China, I need to move it until next year…I will be Kayaking around Asia for the next 8-12 months…yes, one of my first questions is where can we rent kayaks…lol…we are still accepting donations at the office – cash or clothes or home goods or school supplies – they get split between Sunrise of Pasco, Helping Hands Food Bank and Weightman Middle School…I will continue to post in the Captain’s Log of my Kayaking Adventures



This will be the opportunity of a lifetime and I feel so blessed…Walter and my parents will be here at home while I am gone…being such a control freak, it is hard to let others take control and learn to move like a river with ebb and flow…I am about to visit a country where I do not speak the language…they are used to quiet, demure women and I am a Girly Pirate…I do not expect everything to go as planned but, I do think it will be amazing


Blessed Be,
Dr. Dorraine Cooper-Rooney
The Girly Pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment