Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Morrow My Flower

Merry Meet…you seem a little flustered…come sit with me…I made some citronella candles to keep the bugs away…how has your week been?


It has been a relaxing week…I got quite a bit done just the same…

The massage room has been deep cleaned and all padding washed…I pulled out and tested my paraffin tank and table heater…I will be placing my sombra order next week…if you need some let me know…it has been a busy week…I am looking for purple sheets…if you see some please let me know

We have opened the American Boudica Publishing Youtube page…tomorrow we will be taping and uploading…I am very excited

I have not found any good contracts up to bid on, but I am keeping watch

I have been on summer break this week from school…my next class up is computers…I am really thinking this will be cool…classes such as this teach some really cool tricks

I have started my seeds for fall crops - Anise (Pimpinella anisum), Sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum), Dill (Anethum graveolens) and Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)…it has rained for days…it is good as the ground can use it…I like the idea of the crape myrtle hedge to block the sun from the house…I will keep you posted as to how it works…

Since we have had so much rain, pool time has been limited…when I do get to go…the water has been freezing…this left me time to go through mail (snail and e) and autumn clean…I fixed hubby’s computer, made some great meals, washed the dogs and have been enjoying my time with friends

The stuffed shells were awesome…Walt felt special when I made him stuffed peppers…with so many fresh veggies around, I have started cooking ahead…pack it and stick it in the freezer…when I need instant food, pop it out of the freezer and into the oven…This way I cook 5 meals at 1 time…saves money and time…also because you cooked it, you know what is in it…I got into this habit when the kids were small and it has stuck with me…many meals lend themselves to this (meatloaf, casseroles, lasagna, stuffed shells, etc)…the herbs and spices really get the chance to penetrate…so if you are new go easy…

The Circle of Boudica is getting put together…I am happily awaiting my time…I feel really good about life…it is a unique experience and I am glad I get to be here at the start



Dill is a marvelous herb to the stomach and is really cool how its’ phytonutrients promote good skin…it is a strong herb…I love how the flowers pop like fireworks…very easy to grow in a semi sunny window



Dill Dip

3/4 c coarsely chopped fresh parsley

1/3 c chopped fresh dill weed (or 1tbsp dried)

1 c low-fat cottage cheese

1 tbsp lemon juice

1/2 c light sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt

1/4 c chopped green onion

1 tsp salt

freshly ground pepper

1Tbsp Honey (optional)


Well…it is time for me to go to bed…when you have time come visit again

Blessed Be,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment